Last September 27 and 28, 2012 at 8:00am to 5:00pm with the support of the Provincial Government of Laguna under Governor Jeorge “ER” Estregan Ejercito, the FIRST Laguna Social Media and Blogging Summit (1LaBS) was held at the Cultural Center of Laguna. The expected 300 participants from all around the Philippines who are compose of writers, bloggers and students became 600 on September 27, 2012 and on September 28 was 900, these are students from LSPU, STI, AMA and bloggers from Manila and Pampanga who allotted two days of their time to attend this historical event.
Beautiful and Energetic Pagsanjan Mayor Girlie Javier Ejercito welcomed everyone and even sang the Pagsanjan “Bangkero” song that made the opening of the summit more memorable.
The Opening Remarks came from the Lead organizer of the event Engr. Grace Bondad Nicolas who not only a social media one of the most influential blogger, columnist and advocating information but also a speaker herself at different summit in the Philippines and who is also a Lagueno from Calauan.
Philippine Information Agency Regional Director Norito Cabotaje welcomed the participants on the 2nd day of the summit while Laguna State Polytechnic University President gave his key note speech. They both discussed the importance and benefits of the technology today.
Here are the list of speakers and their topics who exerted effort and came to Laguna not just to share their expertise in blogging and Internet but also to experience and promote the tourism of Laguna.
• Tony Ahn: Agency Confidential: Behind Blogger Relations
• Sonnie Santos: Blogging for Advocacy
• Elizabeth Angsioco: Advocacy and Social Media
• James Jimenez: Impact of Social Media on Voters Education
• Wenchie Flores Sabban: Social Media in Good Governance and Advocacy
• Fitz Gerard Villafuerte: What To Do With The Money You Earn From Blogging
• Alvin Dakis: iBlog for Health
• Jinkee Umali: Blog Design
• Pocholo Gonzales: The Art of Personal Branding
• Lloyd Luna: Blogging for motivation and empowerment
• Benjamin Vergel De Dios: Knowledge Community.
• Juned Sonido: Ethics and Etiquette in Blogging
• Dean Jorge Bocobo: The State of Education in the Philippines–present conditions, needs and prospects for reform
• Jaypee David: Travel + Photography and Social Media
• Jayvee Fernandez: Marine Life Advocacy
• Mark Acsay III: Actionable Start-Up SEO Blogging Strategies
• Jonel Uy: Strategies to Maximize Facebook Business Pages
•Janette Toral: Politics in Blogging
The first Laguna social media and blogging summit is a success. The event hashtag which is 1LaBS or an acronym of the summit TRENDS on Twitter at number 6 that day. Trend is a twitter term which means its the MOST talk topic in the WHOLE Philippines.
Special mention goes to Gardenia with manufacturing plant located at Binan, Laguna. Everyone received different products from them and even took home more, it’s like an overflowing of breads at the event.
The volunteers who allot so much of their time to make the event successful was treated an overnight accommodation by Asia Blooms Hotel located at Santa Cruz under the management of Ms. Check Lo.
Governor Jeorge “ER” Ejercito overwhelming supports to this summit was undeniable from providing the historical venue, sumptuous catered food, bus transport for the participants and hotel accommodation for the organizers.
The objective of the summit is to bring to Laguna the best speakers and writers from social media to share to Lagueno the benefits of technology today. The speakers are well known at blogosphere plus with writers and media as participants who are there not only to learn but to cover the whole summit, the event will give mileage to the province in terms of tourism.
The organizers would like to thank Governor Jeorge “ER” Ejercito of the Province of Laguna, Laguna 2nd District Board Member Neil Andrew Nocon, Provincial Government Chief of Staff Carlos Tolendo, MIS Jaime Garcia, Andrew Grace Home Builders, Tiny Buds, Tony Ahn & Co., Melba’s farm, Teen Azkals, OneA events place, Cafe Lupe, Asia Blooms hotel, KCs Catering, Jonessa Enterprises, D Star salon, Walk this way, Solid hosting, Geiser Maclang, Gardenia, Chowking, SM, When in Manila, Creative Voices, Microsoft, STI, AMA, Laguna State Polytechnic University, Manila Blogger, Phil IT, Philippine Information Agency 4A, Mary Pauline Salon, PRC, Kliping Times, McCarranz Graphics International, ALAM, Comelec, Mayor Ed Pamintuan of Pampanga, TaG Media and public relations.